Maybe I'm trying to keep up with my weighty blog title (not that it's visible anymore because of the poppies; maybe I should put that on my list--how to make the title visible over the poppies?) Anyway, I don't feel like writing an essay, and I'll spare my readers from a poem ("Like a mushroom/floating over lime cataracts/on the brink of cowcatchers laden with pomegranates...")--I think I'll just write a list.
Hard things (in no particular order)
1. Remembering a 3-digit number more than 10 minutes. (Those who say music helps math skills are crazy.)
2. Keeping cat hair off black pants.
3. Dealing with students' parents who yell when you can't give them the exact lesson time they want.
4. Keeping sugar from crystalizing when making caramel.
5. Realizing that he just plain doesn't care about you anymore.
6. Fingered octaves. (If you are not a violinist and don't know what this means, consider yourself lucky.)
7. Praying about certain things when you just don't want to.
8. Trying to keep from praying about certain things when you really, really want to.
9. Paganini caprices and Bach unaccompanied sonatas and partitas.
10. Living in this dark, lonely world when you would much rather be with Christ.
What are the hard things in your life?