Wednesday, January 09, 2008

New Year's Resolution Blog

Happy new year to all! I have returned to sunny (not really) southern California after a lovely vacation to visit my parents in Ohio. It was such a wonderful break, to be able to relax and enjoy time with my family. (To my dad, who checks my blog regularly: hi dad! Thanks for the nice Christmas!) Highlights of my vacation included going to a very nice restaurant overlooking the Cincinnati skyline for my mother's birthday; visiting some old friends and their new babies as well as seeing my old colleagues in the Dayton Philharmonic Orchestra at the New Year's Eve concert; not being able to find a single parking space at the mall the day after Christmas and giving up and going to Jungle Jim's instead (as close to an amusement park as a grocery store can be--actually well worth the trip if you are ever in the Dayton/Cincinnati area); getting a chance to play at my home church again after many years, and generally curling up by the fireplace with a soft blanket, a good book, and a Somali cat (couldn't resist adding the link). And of course, a delightful Christmas, as always.  When I returned, the weather tradition has continued: This is the sixth year I have gone back to Ohio for Christmas, and even before I moved here I have taken several trips with my family to visit southern California in late December-early January, and every single time the airplane lands in CA at this time of year, the weather is always the exact same in southern California as it was when I left it in Ohio. About 50 degrees and raining.

So, back to normal life, work (programming Restoration--please volunteer to do something!!!), a new year in Southern California, and the topic of my post. After a prayerful mental review of last year and previous years, here are the resolutions I wish to make for the new year:

1. Not to think about (dwell on) any tough times in the past few years.

2. Not to feel sorry for myself for any difficulties that may be going on in my life currently.

3. Not to worry about the future, but leave it in God's hands.

4. Oh yeah, and exercise more.

I hope that my friends with hold me accountable for my New Year's resolutions!

3 comments:

Phill said...

Stephanie,
Glad you enjoyed your vacation and appreciate the compliment.
Have Fun!
Phill Adams
Director of Development
Jungle Jim's International Market, Inc.
Fairfield, Ohio 45014-4108
www.JungleJims.com

Aiko said...

Hi Stephanie,

I can't remember whether I've reintroduced myself to you or not after long-ago days at Kettering church when I was a little kid. It's funny how paths cross.

After GYC this year, I went home to Dayton for Christmas and went shopping the day after as well. Oh yes--Jungle Jim's? For years I've heard about it and wanted to go. Next visit to Ohio I'll have to make time.

I would have loved to be at Kettering to hear you play. There's something special about music there.

Anyway, it's fun reading what God is doing in your life. All the best in 2008!

Anonymous said...

sorry we missed paths while you were in ohio...